Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Booze in a Teacup




Had a wonderful birthday nite this year. My lovely bestfriends took me & hubby to this 'hidden' bar on our visit to NY. There's no signage or any clue whatsoever in front of it! The Back Room, located at Lower East Side, is one of New York's little secret. We walked in a dark alley with very few red lights on, which then i instantly imagined myself to be in one of Harry Potter's scene. When we got in, i'm so amazed by the classic Art Nouveau paintings & Victorian interiors, it feels like being in someone's living room somewhere in Paris! And i'm quite surprised to see all the drinks (except for the beer) are served in a teacup. Which apparently they want to preserve their ancestors culture (such a way for clandestine drinking) during in Prohibition era by having everything in a teacup. CUTENESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear from you! So, talk to me baby..